This is a simple sensor module that detects the presence of a steady magnetic field, such as a permanent magnet. When a magnetic field is very close to the glass reed switch, the magnetic contactor bends and touches another conductor, enabling current to pass through the switch and lowering the output signal at the DO pin.
Note: This sensor only works in DIGITAL mode. You can connect the digital output (DO) to sense the proximity of the magnet.
- Comes with a reed switch in glass that is very sensitive to a constant magnetic field when close to it
- Proximity range: < 5cm (depending on how strong your magnet is)
- Logical IC: LM393
- Operating voltage: 3.3 – 5V
- Output current: 15 mA
- Adjustable sensitivity via potentiometer
- Comes with LED indicators for POWER and OUTPUT
- Fixed bolt holes for easy installation
|VCC||Power source||Connect to 3.3V or 5V of the system|
|GND||Ground||Connect to the GND of the system|
|DO||Digital Output||Connect to any digital IO pin|
- 1 x Reed Switch Magnetron Sensor