The L78 series of three-terminal positive regulators is available in TO-220, TO-220FP, D2PAK, and DPAK packages, as well as a variety of set output voltages, making it suitable for a broad range of applications. These regulators can provide local on-card control, avoiding the distribution issues that single-point regulation causes. Internal current limiting, thermal shut-down, and safe area protection are all built into each kind, making it almost unbreakable. They can provide more than 1 A of output current if suitable heat sinking is given. Despite being built primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices may be used in conjunction with external components to provide adjustable voltages and currents.
- This transistor is mainly used for general-purpose amplification.
- Medium power switching applications make use of this transistor because it exhibits more power than a regular transistor.
- Darlington transistors are used in high-current circuits, especially in computer control of motor applications where current is being amplified from the computer to the level required for the connected device.
- Output current in excess of 1.5A
- Output voltage of 5V ·Internal thermal overload protection
- Output transition Safe-Area compensation
- Thermal overload protection
- Short circuit protection
|Fixed Output Voltage Nom.||5V|
|Adjustable Output Voltage Min||–|
|Adjustable Output Voltage Max||–|
|Input Voltage Min||10V|
|Input Voltage Max||35V|
|Product Range||7805 Voltage Regulators|
|Linear Regulator Case Style||TO-220|
|No. of Pins||3 Pins|
|Operating Temperature Min||0°C|
|Operating Temperature Max||125°C|
|Automotive Qualification Standard||–|
- 1 x L7805CV Voltage Regulator