The A4988 is a full Microstepping Motor Driver with an integrated translator for ease of use. The maximum output capacity of the driver is 35 V and 2 A. It can run bipolar stepper motors in full, half, quarter, eighth, and sixteenth steps.
- A4988 IC 2D-Model
|VDD & GND||Connected to 5V and GND of Controller|
|VMOT & GND||Used to power the motor|
|1A, 1B, 2A, 2B||Connected to the 4 coils of the motor|
|DIRECTION||Motor Direction Control pin|
|STEP||Steps Control Pin|
|MS1, MS2, MS3||Microstep Selection Pins|
Pins For Controlling Power States
- Used to control the speed and rotation of the stepper motor.
- It is used in robotics to control their motion.
- It is used in different toys.
- Max. Operating Voltage: 35V
- Min. Operating Voltage: 8V
- Max. Current Per Phase: 2A
- Microstep resolution: Full step, ½ step, ¼ step, 1/8 and 1/16 step
- Reverse voltage protection: No
- Dimensions: 15.5 × 20.5 mm (0.6″ × 0.8″)
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- Low RDS(ON) outputs
- Thermal shutdown circuitry
- 1 x A4988 DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Module
- 1 x Heat sink