NodeMcu is an open-source development board that’s built around the popular ESP8266 chip. This microcontroller boasts a 32-bit architecture and comes with a built-in WiFi transceiver. What makes NodeMcu especially appealing is its affordability. Even better, it’s fully compatible with the Arduino IDE, meaning you can leverage the wealth of example code and libraries available for NodeMCU. Beyond Arduino, NodeMcu supports various other programming languages like LUA script and microPython. These scripting languages enable you to swiftly prototype your ideas with just a few lines of code.
The NodeMCU V3 base board, designed for NodeMCU V3 (Lolin), simplifies prototyping. It expands the GPIO pins of the NodeMCU to header pins, encompassing key connections like Vin, VUSB, 5V, 3.3V, and GND. These pins can be used for further prototyping, facilitated by male-to-female jumper wires. With the built-in voltage regulator, you’re empowered to power the NodeMCU and your entire system via a DC jack, supporting a voltage range of 6V to 24VDC. The board also incorporates a power indicator, offering visual feedback on its status.
- Ease the access of GPIO pins on NodeMCU
- Plug and use prototyping board for NodeMCU LUA V3 board
- Eliminate the need for the breadboard and extend the 5V, 3.3V, and GND pins
- Ease the interface between NodeMCU to various sensor and actuator module
- Comes with on board 5V Voltage regulator that is capable of outputting a maximum 1A
- DC Barrel Jack for power input
- Vin: 6V to 24VDC, through DC Jack
- Comes with Power Indicator LED
- Designed for NodeMCU LUA V3 (Lolin) board, not other versions
- 1 x Base Board for NodeMCU V3