This board runs on both 3.3V and 5V DC and may be configured to handle various formats through hardware pin connections. The DAC processes data in real-time, providing a clean analog stereo audio output through the 3.5mm stereo connection. You may even use this with host boards that lack an MCLK in their I2S, such as the Raspberry Pi because the UDA1334A includes a PLL that generates the necessary clock signal.
Input formats include standard I2S, 16-, 20-, and 24-bit left justified data. The board may be configured to take an input system/master clock, but it is configured by default to create it autonomously. Simply connect the Data In, Word Select (Left/Right Clock), and Bit Clock lines. There is also a mute pin and a selectable de-emphasis filter.
- 3.3V – 5V logic levels
- A built-in PLL will generate the proper clock from the incoming signal.
- It has a I2S (default), 16-bit, 20-bit, or 24-bit left justified data for the inputs
- It offers a mute pin and a de-emphasis filter
- Inline header pins are included but not soldered to the board.
- 1 x UDA1334A I2S Stereo Decoder
- 1 x Strip Male Header