ARDUINO W5100 Ethernet Shield is a tool that lets an Arduino board connect to the internet. It’s built around the Wiznet W5100 ethernet chip, which handles networking tasks like TCP and UDP communication. This shield can manage up to four-socket connections at once. You can utilize the Ethernet library to create sketches that establish internet connections using this shield.
The Ethernet Shield features a regular RJ-45 connection with a built-in line transformer and support for Power over Ethernet. It also comes with a micro-SD card slot onboard, which is handy for storing files that can be accessed over the network. This shield is compatible with all Arduino boards, allowing you to add internet connectivity to your projects with ease.
The SPI bus (through the ICSP header) is used by Arduino to connect with both the W5100 and the SD card. This is on Uno digital pins 10, 11, 12, and 13 and Mega digital pins 50, 51, and 52. Pin 10 on both boards is used to choose the W5100, while pin 4 is used to pick the SD card. These pins are not suitable for ordinary I/O. The hardware SS pin, 53, on the Mega is not used to choose the W5100 or the SD card, but it must be preserved as an output otherwise the SPI interface will not operate.
- With this Ethernet Shield, your Arduino board can be used to connect to the Internet.
- Can be used as a server or client.
- Directly plug the puzzle board, no soldering is required.
- Controller: w5100.
- This is the latest version of the Ethernet Shield.
- Based on the Wiznet W5100 Ethernet Chip, the shield gives you an easy way to get your Arduino online.
- Directly supported by Arduino’s official Ethernet Library.
- Adds a micro-SD card slot, to store files for serving over the network.
- Compatible with the Arduino Duemilanove (168 or 328), Uno as well as Mega (1280/2560), accessible using the SD library.
- The Wiznet W5100 provides a network (IP) stack capable of both TCP and UDP.
- Supports up to four simultaneous socket connections.
- Uses the Ethernet library to write sketches which connect to the internet using the shield.
- Fits all versions of Arduino Main board,2009, UNO, mega 1280, mega 2560.
- Size: 7 x 5.4 x 2.4 cm (2.76 x 2.12 x 0.94 inch).
- 1 x W5100 Ethernet Shield