The Maxims MAX30100 integrated pulse oximetry and heart-rate sensor is included in the Heart Rate click. It is an optical sensor that generates readings by producing two wavelengths of light from two LEDs, one red and one infrared, and then detecting the absorption of pulsating blood through a photodetector. This LED color combination is optimized for reading data with the tip of one’s finger. A low-noise analog signal processing unit processes the signal, which is then sent to the target MCU through the mikroBUS I2C interface.
End-user application developers should be aware that excessive motion and temperature variations might have a detrimental influence on the data. Furthermore, excessive pressure might limit capillary blood flow, reducing the data’s trustworthiness. There is also a programmable INT pin. The power supply is 3.3V.
- Model: GY-30100
- Input voltage: 3V to 5V DC
- Optical sensor: IR and red LED combined with photodetector
- Measures absorbance of pulsing blood
- I2C interface plus INT pin
- 3.3V-5v power supply
- Dimension: 5.6mm x 2.8mm x 1.2mm
- Weight: 2 g
- 1 x MAX30100 Heart Rate Pulse Sensor & Oximeter Module