The NEO6M V2 GPS Flight Tracking Module is a cost-effective yet high-performance GPS receiver built around the renowned u-Blox Neo-6M GPS module. Equipped with a small battery for quick hot starts and a built-in EEPROM, this module ensures reliable performance. To enhance signal reception, it features an external ceramic antenna connected via a U.FL connector, providing a stable connection.
What sets it apart? This module operates seamlessly in both 3.3V and 5V systems, making it compatible with a wide range of platforms, including popular 5V Arduino boards like CT-UNO, Maker-UNO, Arduino-UNO, Mega, Leonardo, and more, as well as 3.3V controllers such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi. Keep in mind, though, that when interfacing with the serial (UART) line on a 5V system, you’ll need an appropriate level shifter for smooth communication.
It’s worth noting that this module doesn’t conform to the Arduino shield or Raspberry Pi HAT form factor, requiring some manual wiring to interface with your controller board. However, this hands-on approach can be an enjoyable part of the DIY experience!
- Based on u-blox NEO-6M GPS module with onboard backup battery and built-in EEPROM.
- Comes with an external U.FL ceramic antenna for better reception.
- It is compatible with various flight controller boards designed to work with a GPS module, APM2.0, and APM2.5 just to name a few.
- This module has a built-in voltage regulator and it is sometimes referred to as GY-GPS6MV2.
- Operating voltage: 3.3V to 5VDC.
- Communication interface: UART TTL, 9600bps.
- LED signal indicator.
- Pin-out for power and interface
- VCC: 3.3 to 5VDC
- RX: Data received in (input to GPS module)
- TX: Data transmitted out (Out from GPS module)
- GND: Ground (Logic and power ground)
- Dimension: 36 x 26 mm.
- Weight: 22g
- 1 x NEO6MV2 GPS module
- 1 x Ceramic antenna terminated with U.FL connector