This module is commonly used to link 3.3V and 5V logic signals together, but it is also compatible with 1.8V and 2.8V logic voltages present in certain modern devices. If you have a unique conversion requirement, it will also function with most unusual voltages.
There are four bidirectional channels, which is very handy for buses that pass data in both ways, such as I2C. It may also be utilized to transmit unidirectional signals such as TTL serial communications and conventional logic signals. To handle voltage translation, the circuit cleverly employs N-Channel MOSFET transistors and some pull-up resistors.
The board has the following I/O connections:
- HV = High voltage. Must be a higher voltage than LV. Typically tied to 5V
- LV = Low voltage. Must be a lower voltage than HV. Typically tied to 3.3V
- GND = Ground (x2). Can be used to pass a ground between the two different voltage circuits
- HV1 / LV1 = Channel 1
- HV2 / LV2 = Channel 2
- HV3 / LV3 = Channel 3
- HV4 / LV4 = Channel 4
- Comes with 3.3V voltage, with a power indicator Power input with anti-reverse protection, and can not provide more than 150mA of current.
- to achieve direct serial 5V and 3.3V level communication.
- the maximum stable communication baud rate is 28800bps.
- can achieve UART, IIC, 1-wire, SPI, and other bus signals 3V-5V level of the two-way conversion.
- 1 x 4-Channel Bi-Directional 5V-3.3V Logic Level Converter
- 2 x 6 pin Strip Male Header