A 240VAC to 5VDC 700mA AC-DC Converter Module is an electronic device used to convert high-voltage alternating current (AC) electricity, typically at 240 volts, to low-voltage direct current (DC) electricity at 5 volts with a maximum output current of 700 milliamperes (mA).
Here’s a breakdown of the key components and functions of this module:
- Input Voltage: The module is designed to take an input voltage of 240 volts AC. This is the typical voltage supplied by household or industrial electrical outlets in many countries.
- Conversion: The main function of the module is to convert the high-voltage AC power into low-voltage DC power. In this case, it steps the voltage down from 240 volts AC to 5 volts DC.
- Output Current: The module is capable of providing a maximum output current of 700mA. This current rating indicates the maximum amount of current that can be drawn from the module without overloading it. It’s important to ensure that the connected devices do not draw more current than the module can provide.
- DC Output: The output of this module is a stable 5-volt DC. This voltage is commonly used to power electronic devices like microcontrollers, sensors, and various low-power electronic components.
- Regulation: AC-DC converter modules typically have voltage regulation circuitry to ensure that the output voltage remains stable and within the specified range, even when there are fluctuations in the input voltage.
- Protection: Many AC-DC converter modules include protection features such as overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, and overtemperature protection to prevent damage to the module or connected devices.
- Applications: These modules are commonly used in various electronics projects and applications where a stable low-voltage power supply is required. They are often used to power microcontrollers, sensors, and other electronic components.
Before using an AC-DC converter module like this, it’s important to carefully read the datasheet and specifications to ensure it meets the requirements of your specific project and to follow safety guidelines to prevent electrical hazards. Additionally, consider the power requirements of your connected devices to ensure they do not exceed the module’s rated output current.
- Input voltage: 85 to 260 VAC
- Input current: 0.014 A
- Output voltage 5 VDC
- Output current: 700mA
- Ripple voltage: 60mV
- Output power: 4 W
- Efficiency: 80%
- Dimension: 30x20x18 mm
- 1 x 240VAC to 5VDC 700mA AC-DC Converter Module