The MC-38 Magnetic Contact Switch Sensor can be used to secure a door or a window. When they are moved apart, they generate a signal that may be transmitted to a microcontroller (e.g., Arduino) to accomplish the required action. This sensor is perfect for triggering an alarm or turning on/off a light inside a cabinet sliding door. The magnet activates this connected sensor. When the magnet is close to the sensor, the circuit is closed; otherwise, the circuit is open.
This switch is of the Normally-Open (NO) kind. Please do not use this sensor on an iron or aluminum alloy door, since this may reduce the sensor’s magnetism.
- Appearance of small and easy-to-install
- A long period of use
- Control the switch of the circuit via the built-in magnet
- Can be used in places like apartments, hotels, offices, etc
- Ideal for residential or commercial use
- Designed to be embedded in the door or window frame
- With double-sided tape design for easy install
- Material: Plastic
- Color: White
- Actuation distance: 15 mm – 25 mm
- Voltage: Normal system up to 24V. Not recommended to connect a higher voltage or AC supply.
- Box size (each side): 29mm x 14mm x 9mm / 1.1″ x 0.6″ x 0.4″
- Cable Length: 305mm ± 12mm / 12″ ± 0.5″
- Weight: 16g
- 1 x MC-38 Door & Window Magnetic Switch Sensor (pair)
- 4 x self-taping screws