This soil moisture sensor uses capacitive sensing rather than resistive sensing like other sensors on the market to assess soil moisture levels. It is built of corrosion-resistant material, giving it a long service life. Put it in the soil around your plants and wow your guests with real-time soil moisture data!
This module has an on-board voltage regulator with a working voltage range of 3.3 5.5V. It is ideal for 3.3V and 5V low-voltage MCUs. It will require an ADC converter to be compatible with a Raspberry Pi.
This soil moisture sensor works with our 3-pin “Gravity” interface, which may be connected straight to the Gravity I/O expansion shield.
- Analog output of moisture content
- More corrosion resistant than resistive type of sensor
- 3.3 or 5V operation. It is low power so may be driven from the digital pin on the MCU.
- Gardening & Farming
- Moisture Detection
- Intelligent Agriculture
- Operating Voltage: 3.3 ~ 5.5 VDC
- Output Voltage: 0 ~ 3.0VDC
- Operating Current: 5mA
- Interface: PH2.0-3P
- Weight: 15g
- 1 x Soil Moisture Capacitive Sensor