The SIM800L module is a comprehensive Quad-band GSM/GPRS solution in an LGA package that can be incorporated into a customer’s device. It has a set of TTL-level serial interfaces as well as a set of power supply interfaces. This module also has a series of antenna interfaces. This SIM800L module supports a quad-band GSM/GPRS network and can transmit GPRS and SMS message data remotely.
SIM800L is a popular GSM module among enthusiasts and the Arduino community. It is difficult for a newbie to comprehend and utilize Arduino with SIM800L. As a result, this page summarises how a novice may communicate with the SIM800 using Arduino. It features a simslot on the back where you may put a micro-Sim. When it receives sufficient power, the power LED on the board must illuminate.
- SIM800L VDD ↔ Arduino 5v
- SIM800L GND (UART TTL) ↔ Arduino GND
- SIM800L SIM_TXD ↔ Arduino D2 (read through for the reason)
- SIM800L SIM_RXD ↔ Arduino D3 (read through for the reason)
- SIM800L 5VIN (POWER) ↔ External Positive Power Supply pin
- SIM800L GND (POWER) ↔ External Negative Power Supply pin
- SIM800L supports Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz, it can transmit Voice, SMS, and data information with low power
- Due to its size, It can fit into the slim and compact demands of customer design.
- 1 x SIM800L GSM GPRS Module