Temperature differentials are created via thermoelectric coolers (TEC or Peltier). One side becomes heated, while the other side becomes chilly. As a result, depending on which side you utilize, they may be used to either warm or chill things. A temperature differential can also be used to create power.
This Peltier works quite well as long as the heat is removed from the hot side. When you turn on the gadget, the hot side will swiftly heat up and the cold side will soon cool down. If the heat from the hot side is not removed (through a heat sink or other mechanism), the Peltier will shortly achieve stasis and accomplish nothing. To remove heat from the hot side, we propose utilizing an old computer CPU heatsink or another piece of metal. We were able to make the chilly side so unpleasant that we couldn’t place our finger on it by using a computer power supply and CPU heatsink.
A thermoelectric cooling (TEC) module is an electrical component made of semiconductors that acts as a tiny heat pump. Heat is transported from one side of the module to the other when a DC power source is applied to a TEC. It produces both a chilly and a hot side. They are frequently utilized in industrial applications, such as computer CPUs, CCDs, portable freezers, and medical devices.
There are 127 couplings in a single module; the 40mm x 40mm size module is a single-stage module suitable for cooling and heating applications up to 90°C.
- Model number: TEC1-12706
- Voltage: 12V
- Umax (V): 15.4V
- Imax (A): 6A
- QMax (W): 92W
- Internal resistance: 1.98 Ohm +/- 10%
- Dimensions : 40mm x 40mm x 3.6mm
- Power Cord: 350mm
- HS Code: 854150
- Certification: RoHS
- Type: Cooling Cells
- Usage: Refrigerator/Warmer
- The heat side requires heat sink all the time. “Do not run this device with a power supply for more than a few seconds without a heatsink mounted to the device!”
- Max. Operating Temperature: 138 Degrees C
- Do not exceed Imax or Vmax when operating the module.
- Please carry out moisture protection options (selling) in final application use.
- Life expectancy: 200,000 hours
- Failure rate based on long-time testings: 0.2%.
- 1 x 12V 60W Peltier Thermoelectric Cooler 40x40mm