The Arduino Motor Shield is based on the L298 which is a dual full-bridge driver designed to drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, DC and stepping motors. It lets you drive two DC motors with your Arduino board, controlling the speed and direction of each one independently. You can also measure the motor current absorption of each motor, among other features. The shield is TinkerKit compatible, which means you can quickly create projects by plugging TinkerKit modules to the board.
- Operating Voltage: 5V to 12V
- Motor controller: L298P, Drives 2 DC motors or 1 stepper motor
- Max current: 2A per channel or 4A max (with external power supply)
- Current sensing: 1.65V/A
- Free running stop and brake function
- 1 x Arduino Motor Shield REV 3